Frequently Asked Questions
- Where’s the nearest Parking? There are several car parks around the venue. One is up Herbert Street to the right of the venue and the other is through the underpass opposite the venue. Please note there is a charge in these car parks before 6pm. Please allow yourself plenty of time to park on busy events. Please be thoughtful to the residents and other business’s when parking in the area.
- Can we take drinks into the theatre? Yes you are allowed to take drinks into the theatre. Plastic glasses will be provided.
- Where can we eat? There are several Indian restaurants around the venue, The Tamarind offers a 10% discount on meals Monday – Thursday pre or post show valid on date of ticket. There are also several local pubs serving meals.
- Which is the best seat? Many people feel the best seats are upstairs in the circle facing the stage. Please note there is no disabled access to the circle. The seats downstairs are also all facing the stage. The seats to the sides of the circle do have restricted views. If you are unsure please call our box office and they can offer advice.
- Do you have lift access? There is lift access to the dance studio and Oriel Lliw. Unfortunately there is no lift access to the circle of the theatre.
- Will the bar be open, do you sell teas and coffees and food? The bar is always open before shows and during the interval. On busy nights the bar will remain open until an event finishes. The bar is well stocked selling alcoholic and soft drinks and a selection of snacks. The bar also sells teas and coffees, however on busy nights these are not always available. If the bar is closed please ask a member of staff or our box office staff who will be happy to help you.
- What is the ticket levy for? The ticket levy of 7.5% was introduced on April 1st 2015 as a means of assisting us in providing a quality booking system and to help us remain sustainable. This levy is added onto all tickets. For more detailed information please see the Terms and Conditions on this website. Our ticket levy will be going up to 10% from Jan 1st 2018
all bookings before this date remain at 7.5%
This is to ensure we continue to provide quality experiences for our customers and remain sustainable into the future.
- Are the toilets near the theatre ? There are toilets situated on every level of the building. There are toilets outside the main theatre both upstairs and downstairs. There is an additional accessible toilet in the corridor as you enter the building. There are also toilets situated upstairs opposite the dance studio and on the top floor near the gallery Oriel Lliw.
- Is there wheelchair and pram access, can I leave my pram somewhere when I go into the show? There is wheelchair and pram access to the building. The downstairs is fully accessible. Please inform our box office when booking a ticket if you require a wheelchair space. We do not allow prams or buggies into the theatre for events but please ask a member of staff as they can be stored safely until needed.
- Can I pick up my tickets in advance or can you post them? You are available to pick up your tickets from when they have been purchased in person from our box office when it is open from 1pm-8pm Monday to Friday or 10am until 1pm on a Saturday. You can also collect them on the day of the show. We are able to post tickets at a cost of £1.
- What are the running times and is there an interval? The running times will be shown on our website. It depends on the length of the show as to whether there is an interval or not.
- Is there support ? Any information on support will be given on the website or if we know in advance it will be in the brochure.
- Am I able to bring a carer with me? We are part of the Hynt Scheme which runs across venues within Wales. This means a carer is able to come free of charge to events. You will need to contact http://www.hynt.co.uk/en/join/become-a-member/ to check eligibility and to join the scheme.
- Can I swap my seats or exchange my tickets? We do offer exchanges in which a £2 surcharge will apply. Please contact our box office.
- Can I get refund? We do not offer any refunds on tickets.
- Can I reserve my seats? You can reserve a ticket for up to 7 days.
- What happens if I don’t like where I’m sitting? If there are seats available please ask a member of staff who will be happy to assist you in moving seats.
- Do I have to pay for a ticket for my baby? Children under the age of 18 months do not require a ticket unless for a specific show put on for babies and young children.
- Can you tell me where my friend is sitting? If you have your friends seat number please inform box office when booking and they will see if there are any seats free near by. We are unable to give out any information on any other bookers.
- Can I hire the venue or rooms? Yes all our rooms and theatre are available for hire. Please contact operations manager Meirion Gittins for more information on how to book. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Can I give feedback on a show? We welcome all feedback on any shows or your experiences on visiting Pontardawe Arts Centre. You can email us at email@example.com or tell us what you think on our contact us page on the website. You can always leave a review for us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/PontardaweArtsCentre/
- What time is your box office open ? Our box office is open from 1pm until 8pm Monday to Friday and 10am until 1pm on a Saturday. We are also open for an hour before any show. You can always book for any show online.
- I have a problem booking online, who do I contact? You can always email any questions or queries to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist you. Alternatively you can call the box office when it is open and someone will assist you with any questions or issues you may be having.